The Retirement Board has approved several changes to the STRS Ohio Health Care Program for 2024, including new premiums that reduce monthly costs for 99% of current plan members. In addition, the board eliminated the in-network deduction for the Aetna Medicare plan. In 2024, Aetna will be the plan administrator for all enrollees and CVS Caremark will provide prescription coverage. The outline of the plan change is as follows. More coverage will be available in future announcement letters and newsletters, as well as healthcare general registration packages in late October.
Medical plans migrated to Aetna
- All Medical Mutual, AultCare, Paramount and Health Care Assistance Plan (HCAP) participants will be eligible for Aetna in 2024. Current Aetna subscribers will remain on their current plan.
- The Aetna Medicare Plan offers several coverage improvements, including a $0 annual in-network deductible and a $0 out-of-pocket for in-network primary care doctor visits.
Pharmacy plans migrate from Express Script to CVS Caremark (CVS)
- All registrants will be migrated to CVS. The majority of subscribers should not experience any disruption of service. Those likely to experience disruptions (such as changes to higher or lower tiers of drug prescribing) will be notified by mid-December.
- The CVS network includes approximately 66,000 chain and independent pharmacies, including Kroger, and approximately 9,000 CVS pharmacies. (Registerers are not limited to CVS store locations, they can use any pharmacy in the network.)
- There are no changes to prescription annual deductibles, co-pay limits, or drug-level co-pays/co-insurance.
- Medicare participants are eligible for SilverScript, a Medicare Part D plan. SilverScript is a CVS affiliate. Those not enrolled in Medicare are eligible for her CVS Caremark.
Access to providers
Aetna’s provider network includes nearly every provider currently used by Medical Mutual, AultCare and Paramount subscribers. The same is true for the CVS network. Covers almost all ESI pharmacies currently accessed.
2024 health insurance premiums
|plan||Premium with Medicare Part B Credits|
|Aetna Medicare Advantage Plan||$25|
|Etna Basic Plan||$137|
|Etna Basic HCAP*||$0|
Etna Basic Plan
|Etna Basic HCAP*||$0|
*Health management support program
A complete list of medical insurance premiums can be found here.