- TWU Dream Big campaign started
- Groundbreaking Health Science Center
Friday, September 15, 2023
Campaign Launched – Student Union of Hubbard Hall (Vestibule)
- 9am-9:30am — program with dignitaries, TWU dance team and surprise announcements
- 9:30am-10:25am — Breakfast
Groundbreaking for Health Science Center — Adjacent to Capitol
- 10:30am-11:00am – Program
Texas Women’s University $107 million health science center Designed as a hub for regional and rural health activities, it will significantly expand health education, research and services. The center will facilitate collaborative programming among the university’s five colleges, with specific goals to: 30% increase in graduate nursing and medical professionals And support the state’s plan to produce more medical professionals.
The 136,000-square-foot facility will be built on seven acres adjacent to TWU’s residential community of Parliament Village, with a particular focus on preparation, while providing related medical services such as nursing, physical therapy and occupational therapy. Serving students in the field. Students serving in the countryside. The building will also include state-of-the-art laboratories, classrooms, co-working spaces, outdoor clinics and teaching kitchens, as well as community health clinics and student training spaces.
In addition, TWU $125 million dream big campaignTWU’s first comprehensive fundraising campaign to mark the university’s 125th anniversary in 2026.
The funds raised will support TWU’s continued growth and leadership development in health and life sciences, financial and business services, entrepreneurship, technology and aviation. Additional details, along with the amount raised so far and the campaign’s top contributors, will be revealed at the time of the announcement.
- Dr. Karine M. Feiten, President and President, Texas Women’s University
- Stacey McDavid, TWU System Board Chair
- John Harper, President of the TWU Foundation
- HRH Lynn Stuckey, Congressman from Texas District 64
- Mayor of Denton, His Highness Gerald Hadspeth
- Mary LA Stanton, TWU Alumni, Volunteer and Donor
- Dr. Paula Clutter, Interim Dean, TWU College of Nursing
- Dr. Christopher Ray, Dean of the TWU School of Health Sciences
- Lisa Lumpy, TWU Interim Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Alumni Relations
- TWU Student Ambassador, Jane Nelson Institute for Women’s Leadership
304 Admin Drive
Denton, Texas 76204
Image / Campus B Roll:
Dream Big Campaign Hashtag: #DreamBigTWU #TWU125
Page last updated: September 1, 2023 at 10:07 AM