Alzheimer’s Seminars: The Alzheimer’s Network will host free seminars on the legal and financial issues related to long-term care often associated with Alzheimer’s disease. The seminar will be held Wednesday at 7 p.m. at Redeemer Lutheran Church, 2305 S. Canfield Niles Road, Austintown.
Speakers will be Mahoning County Probate Judge Robert Ruth Jr. and Elder Law Attorney Charlene Burke. Handouts will be provided.
Pre-registration is required by calling Alzheimer Network at 330-788-9755.
Nala Anon Group Scheduled to Meet: The Nala Anon Family Group meeting will be held at Girard on Wednesday at 7 p.m. NAR-ANON was founded to provide support and hope to people who have friends or loved ones struggling with addiction.
For more information, call 330-770-4576.
CELEBRATE YOUR RECOVERY: Celebrate Your Recovery, a recovery support group for those recovering from addiction or mental health issues, will be held Wednesday at 6779 Belmont Avenue in Girard from 6 to 9 p.m.
Support for Eating Disorders: The National Anorexia, Bulimia, and Other Eating Disorders Association meets Mondays from 6 to 8 p.m. at Notre Dame Church, 2325 Highland Road, Hermitage, Pennsylvania. For more information, please call Renee at 724-981-. 5435.
Medicare Beneficiaries: Mercy Health will host an educational event for Medicare beneficiaries on Monday from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. at Mercy Health – St. Joe’s at the Mall, 5555 Youngstown Warren Road, Niles . The event includes a health screening, Medicare 101 education, refreshments and more. Payer representatives can also answer questions from beneficiaries about their Medicare Advantage plans.
For special needs meeting accommodations, please call 844-369-5790 (phone) or 844-369-5877 (TTY number).
TOPS: OH 1353, Leavittsburg, meets every Monday at 6 p.m. at First Community Church, 4640 West Market St., Leavittsburg. Weigh-in will be at 5:30 p.m. For more information, call 330-219-3370.
COVID-19 Clinic: The latest COVID-19 vaccines are available at the Warren City Health District (258 E. Market St.) for those eligible for the CDC’s recently launched new Bridge Access Program. Before attending the vaccine clinic, call the Warren City Health District at 330-841-2596 to find out if you are eligible for this program.
Many drug stores and other health care providers are offering vaccines to people who do not qualify for the Bridge Access Program.
On Wednesdays, we are open from 9:00am to 11:00am and from 1:00pm to 3:00pm. No reservations required.
Joe’s at ST. Mall: Regular business hours for St. Joe’s at Eastwood Mall are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. All classes are open to all St. Joe’s at the Mall members. Screenings and programs are open to the public. St. Joe’s at the Mall is a Silver Sneakers, Silver, Fit and Renew active site. For information or reservations, call 330-652-7542.
• Free blood pressure tests are available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to noon and Tuesdays from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
• Free nutritional evaluations by a nutritionist available by appointment on Fridays.
• Today — Crib and car seat class with Trumbull County Health District from 2 to 3 p.m. To register and for more information, call 330-675-2489.
• Wednesday — Special Lab Express from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.; Get a complete lipid panel (12 hour fasting required), PSA (prostate), and HgA1c (diabetes) for free. Please walk in.
• Thursday — 1-4 p.m., notary services, free living wills and durable powers of attorney for health care. The day was completed with the help of palliative care staff. Please walk in.
• Thursday — Peripheral Vascular Disease Screening from 1 to 4 p.m. The nurse will measure blood flow in your legs. Reservations are required.
TCMHRB Schedule: Below is the Trumbull County Mental Health Recovery Board’s calendar of September meetings.
Thursday — FCFC Board of Directors meeting, 8:30 a.m., TMHA 1st Floor Conference Room A. Join my meeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/798007717. or dial in: 408-650-3123 access code: 798-007-717;
Friday — Resiliency Summit, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Kent State University Trumbull Campus.